FreeDO is Dead ,long live the FourDO/4DO (v1.0.4.0 Alpha)

Συζήτηση για Console Emulators.

Συντονιστές: Nemo, Maddog, Whacker, Scatman

Απάντηση
Άβαταρ μέλους
Nemo

FreeDO is Dead ,long live the FourDO/4DO (v1.0.4.0 Alpha)

Δημοσίευση από Nemo »

Altmer provided me with some helpful information. He tells me that the FreeDO source that is available on google code includes many of the improvements from FreeDO 2.1. As far as 4DO is concerned, that’s great news.

He is also working on a “new” emulator. New as in not FreeDO. One of the things he intends to include is the hardware accelerated graphics (which I referred to on another thread). I don’t really know what else the new emulator involves other than a rewrite. He also figures it would be difficult to work together on it. Considering the language barrier, I have to agree. Altmer provided clarification that his new emulator will NOT be open source, but that the interface to it will be. He also said he could try to keep the interface similar to the one FreeDO had so that I could more easily use it with something like 4DO. That’s a minor point. But, that’s all the info I have.

So, it looks like there is no FreeDO development going on whatsoever, and FourDO is using the latest copy. Altmer is working on a new, different (low-level) emulator, and meanwhile I’m adding features to 4DO to basically produce a more swanky version of FreeDO. Hopefully some day in the future, Altmer’s new emulator is released and a clear improvement, and 4DO or something like it can help out by plugging in and padding out the interface with features. As far as I know, that sums up the only 3DO emulation development going on in the world.

Back in 4DO land, I have been working on getting CD-Rom support online. Some games load just fine. For some reason, on other games I’ll get a “give up” error visible on the screen after it fails to load. I think this may be the copy protection I’ve heard about. I have noticed that 2.1 FreeDO does not have the problem, so I am going to try to iron out what I’m missing.
http://www.fourdo.com/?p=37

Με 2 κουβεντες δηλαδη :
- FreeDO is Dead ,long live the FourDO/4DO
- Altmer (FreeDO) εχει στα σκαρια /υπο αναπτυξη emu που θα ειναι closed source και θα εχει υποστηριξη hardware accelaration
(λετε να κοιταει και προς Android/ios market μερια ???)

και btw :arrow: κατεβαστε απο εδω την νεα εκδοση v1.0.4.0 Alpha του FourDO
if" Imitation is the sincerest flattery",
imagine emulating ....
Άβαταρ μέλους
xalia
L33t P14y3r
L33t P14y3r

Re: FreeDO is Dead ,long live the FourDO/4DO (v1.0.4.0 Alpha

Δημοσίευση από xalia »

σε Android / iOS σκέτο θα πάει άπατο! Άσε που σε iOS δύσκολα θα φτάσει το official app store με την Apple :angel:

Αν ομως κάνει κάποιο deal για να φέρει παλιά game τότε έχει ενδιαφέρον και $$$
reboot
--------
Άβαταρ μέλους
Nemo

Re: FreeDO is Dead ,long live the FourDO/4DO (v1.0.4.0 Alpha

Δημοσίευση από Nemo »

xalia έγραψε:σε Android / iOS σκέτο θα πάει άπατο! Άσε που σε iOS δύσκολα θα φτάσει το official app store με την Apple :angel:

Αν ομως κάνει κάποιο deal για να φέρει παλιά game τότε έχει ενδιαφέρον και $$$
Μην το δενεις κομπο ,μια σκεψη εκανα , αλλωστε στα 3DO μεγαλεπηβολα σχεδια ας κραταμε μικρο καλαθι μια και
http://www.mame.gr/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 36&start=0
if" Imitation is the sincerest flattery",
imagine emulating ....
Απάντηση